Thursday, December 18, 2014

Makeup brushes

Alright, so every time I wash my make-up brushes my husband kind of laughs and doesn't get why I do it. The only reason I could ever give him was because I thought it was gross not too, it's like never washing the makeup off your face and it just gets built up. He still thought it was silly I cleaned them and told me he had never seen or heard of girls cleaning their makeup brushes... Then I got to thinking, how many people actually don't clean them?... So I did research to find out better reasons to clean makeup brushes and decided to share more disgusting facts.
So I was right with the make up getting built up. BUT, not only does it get built up with makeup, it gets your old skin, dirt, oils, and bacteria. If that's not enough to get you clean your brushes.. I guess I could convince you to do it because it puts your makeup on smoother. 

HOW TO CLEAN YOUR BRUSHES

1. Run your brush under lukewarm water.
Try not to get water in the metal claspe. It can make the glue holding the bristles go away and bristle will start falling out. 

2. Get your soap
You can use mild shampoo or soap (baby wash works great)
Use a quarter sized amount and start swirling your brush in the palm of your hand. 
You'll be surprised all the makeup that will come out.

 3. Rinse
Gently massage the bristles under the water until the soap is completely out.  

4. Dry
Again very gently squeeze remaining water out.
Shape it, make sure none of the bristles are bent.
Lay out to dry

 
5. After drying
After it's been drying for a bit, swirl it in your palm again and fluf the brush. 



No comments:

Post a Comment